Privacy Statement and User Agreement
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices and user agreement for Asian Pacific American Coalition (hereafter referred to as “APAC”). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this organization’s web site. APAC is committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe online experience. By using the APAC web site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
The APAC organization is the sole owner of the information collected on its website. Only APAC has access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. APAC collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the apacsd.org website public message boards (if applicable), this information may be collected and used by others. Note: APAC does not read any of your private online communications. APAC encourages you to review the privacy statements of web sites you choose to link to/from apacsd.org so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share your information. APAC is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on web sites outside of the APAC organization family of web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
The apacsd.org web site collects and uses your personal information to deliver the services you have requested. The apacsd.org web site also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from its affiliates. The apacsd.org web site may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The apacsd.org web site does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. The apacsd.org organization may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. The apacsd.org web site will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the apacsd.org web site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the apacsd.org web site and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the apacsd.org web site, or the public.
Web Site Interactive Features and User Agreement
The apacsd.org web site may include a variety of features, such as bulletin boards and blogs, which allow feedback to apacsd.org web site and real-time interaction between users. Responsibility for what is posted on bulletin boards, blogs and other public posting areas on this Web site lies with each user—you alone are responsible for the material you post. As a condition of your use of these features, you affirm to APAC that you will not use them for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this User Agreement. Except as otherwise permitted in this User Agreement, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, services, software, or benefits obtained from these features. In addition, you may not use these features to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Conduct or forward illegal contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, unsolicited e-mail or multi-level marketing campaigns;
- Publish, post, distribute, disseminate, or link to any: (1) profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, material or information; (2) software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights, unless you own, control such rights or have received all necessary consents for your use of such software and other materials; (3) software or other material that contains viruses, corrupted files, or that may or are intended to damage the operation of another’s computer (e.g., “cracks” or other programs written to defeat the security measures of any computer, system or programs);
- Distribute, promote, or link to any sites for the marketing, sales, or distribution of any service or product;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about third parties, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such third parties;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying its rights in the features offered on this website;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Gain unauthorized access to this Web site, or any account, computer system or network connected to this website, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of this Web site or any servers or networks; or,
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Changes to this Statement
APAC will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy and User Agreement to reflect company and customer feedback. APAC encourages you to periodically review this Statement and User Agreement to be informed of how APAC is protecting your information.
APAC welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy and User Agreement. If you believe that the apacsd.org web site has not adhered to this Statement and User Agreement, please contact APAC at firstname.lastname@example.org. APAC will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.